How we collect information
We will collect information from you if you:
- register to use our website; this will include your name, address, email address and telephone number. We may ask you to provide additional information about your business and preferences on a voluntary basis;
- place an order for products or services on our website, this will include your name (including business name), address, contact details (including telephone number and email address) and your payment details;
- complete online forms (including callback requests), take part in surveys, write posts on any message boards, post any blogs, enter any competitions or prize draws, download information such as white papers or other publications, or participate in any other interactive areas that appear on our website or which we offer to you from time to time
- provide your contact details to us when registering to use or accessing any product or service we provide (including any Apps we may offer);
- contact us offline for example by telephone, fax, email or post;
- visit or browse our website, this will include information about your website visit or use of our products or services using cookies or similar technologies (as described in the section below).
What we use your information for
We will use your personal information to provide any information on services that you have requested or any products that you have ordered. We may also contact you for feedback on your use of our products, services or our website. We may use your personal data for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve My Dream House’s products, services, website, and customer communications. If you enter into a prize draw or competition, we may use the information you provide to administer those programs. We may also use your information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important and sometimes critical, you may not opt-out of receiving these communications. Marketing From time to time, we may use your information to contact you with details about our products and services which we feel may be of interest to you. We may also share your information with our group companies, business partners, and other carefully selected third parties so that they (or we) can contact you with information about their products or services which we feel may be of interest to you. We or they may wish to contact you for this purpose by telephone, post or email. You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you wish not to be contacted by us and/or our 3rd parties’ partners, you can send us an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharing your information
- We may share your information with:
- our suppliers, business partners, and group companies from time to time so they can provide you with any information, products or services that you have requested. We may also share your information with our business partners for marketing purposes as described in paragraph 3 below.
- with third party businesses with whom we are collaborating to provide a service to you so that this service can be provided. For example, if you apply for My Dream House Services we will share relevant information about you to our account service provider. That third party may also wish to use your information for other purposes and that third party should inform you of those purposes. We, therefore, encourage you to read any third party´s privacy policies.
- third parties which supply services to us or which process information on our behalf (for example, payment providers and website hosts where relevant). These third parties may have incidental access to your information, but we will ensure that they keep your information secure and do not use it for their own purposes.
- another organization if we sell or buy (or negotiate to sell or buy) any business or assets.
- another organization to whom we transfer our agreement with you.
- with our funders or potential funders, such as our bank and with our professional advisers who have a reasonable need to see it.
We may pass collective information about the use of our website or our products or services to third parties but this will not include information that can be used to identify you. We will disclose your information if we are required to by law. We may disclose your information to enforcement authorities if they ask us to, or to a third party in the context of actual or threatened legal proceedings, provided we can do so without breaching data protection laws.
Cookies and Traffic Data
If we hold any information about you which is incorrect or if there are any changes to your details please let us know so that we can keep our records accurate and up to date. If you would like to update your records or see a copy of the information that we hold about you, you can contact us at or by email at email@example.com.
Security and storage of information
We will keep your information secure by taking appropriate technical and organizational measures against its unauthorized or unlawful processing and against its accidental loss, destruction or damage. Some communications sent over the internet, such as email, may not be secured unless they are encrypted. Although we do our best to monitor and improve how we protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data which is transmitted to our website or other products and services via an internet or similar connection and any transmission of data to our site is at your own risk. We do however use secure connections in our direct debit sign up pages, online application form, and VSP Admin area, so please use these pages when providing us with sensitive information. If we have given you (or you have chosen) a password to access certain areas of our website, product or service please keep this password safe – we will not share this password with anyone.
If you follow a link from our website, product or service to another site or service, this policy will no longer apply. We are not responsible for the information handling practices of third party sites or services and we encourage you to read the privacy policies appearing on those sites or services.